Strength can only get you so far. You can only rely on it for so long until you hit a plateau, and then you must rely on technique and finesse to allow you to make progress.
The problem is that many people don’t want to slow down to work on the technique to make long-term progress. When I began CrossFitting years ago, I experienced this myself.
I began by relying on shear strength and athleticism until I was “stuck.” I kept pushing harder and it left me frustrated, filled with self-doubt and freakin’ injured. It took a great coach and some reflection to help me realize that I needed to take a few steps back to move forward. I needed to work on the fundamentals before I could make lasting progress.
In this episode we talk about:
- Examples of “muscling it through” and why it breeds failure
- What we must do to identify if we are or aren’t muscling it through
- Why we resist slow, steady and sustainable
- Why taking steps back actually propels you forward
- Why progress is not linear
I’d love to hear from you…have you been muscling it through?
Looking to jump-start your health and start feeling amazing naked?