[Episode 010] How to create a fitness routine that lasts
Keeping an active lifestyle is a necessary component to feeling amazing naked…but it isn’t easy.
I get asked often…
“How are you so consistent?”
Truth is, it’s become part of my identity. I love how amazing it makes me feel that I don’t want to feel any other way.
Just like food, there is not a one-size-fits-all approach to fitness. So many different things work to produce the same outcome. Research supports that!
I am going to leave the research to those experts in the field. I do have favorites that I love to follow like Alan Argon, Bret Contreras, Andy Galpin, and Sohee Lee. I highly encourage you to follow them to learn more about what “science” says about fitness and nutrition.
I am going to focus on what I think is the harder bar…making the workouts actually STICK.
What works best for you is finding something you love and that you will stick with!
I want you to create a routine/a system so that your fitness regime becomes part of your identity.
In this episode we dive into:
- 5 Tips to help you create a fitness routine that lasts
- Why you need to focus on systems over goals to establish a fitness routine
- How to create an environment for success…that does mean your physical environment but also your self too.
- How to shift your mindset into actually believing you are an “athlete,” or “runner” or “insert your goal identity here”
- Why done is better than perfect when it comes to creating a fitness habit
Fitness is an evolution and a process..enjoy the ride!
Things I mentioned on the podcast:
Renaissance Periodization Templates (for a more experienced lifter)